The Office of the Ombudsman of Namibia promotes and protect human rights, fair and effective administration, combat misappropriation or misuse of public resources and protect the environment and natural resources of Namibia through the independent and impartial investigation and resolution of complaints and through raising public awareness.
This web presence serves to provide access to information and a means of providing contact details for the various branch offices. The annual reports as well as special reports are available for download in various formats. There is also a library containing the Constitution of the Republic of Namibia. First for Namibia the constitution is now also available in audio format. The audio edition is is playable online and is professionally read.
The Ombudsman will conduct public hearings on the Land Reform and Resettlement Programme to provide aggrieved persons/unsuccessful applicants/interested persons a platform to share their grievance or experience with the panel or submit written submissions to the Ombudsman in order to:
- determine whether the Regional Resettlement Committee complied with the criteria when the desired applicants were selected
- determine whether the selection criteria were applied consistently by the RRC during the selection process;
- determine whether unsuccessful applicants were informed of the outcome of their applications and the reasons thereof;
- determine how the RCC verifies the number of livestock an applicant owns
- establish how many allocated farms are not occupied by beneficiaries and the reasons therefore;
- establish how many farms or parts thereof are sub-leased;
- establish how many farms are invaded by illegal settlers.
The public is herewith requested to participate in this important venture by making written presentations on the matter and submit it to the Ombudsman, through any of the following means:
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
post to Private Bag 13211, Windhoek
deliver in person to Office of the Ombudsman, cnr of Feld and Lossen Streets, Ausspannplatz, Windhoek
Or to attend the public hearings at the following places and make oral submissions:
3 July 2018 : Mariental 10H00 – 16Hpdf00 – Aimablaagte Community Hall
5 July 2018 : Gobabis 10H00 – 16H00 – Epako Community Hall
10 July 2018 : Otjiwarongo 09H00 – 16H00 – Evangelical Lutheran Church Hall; Orwetoven
11 July2018 : Karibib 10H00 – 16H00 – Usab Community Hall
24 July 2018 : Keetmanshoop 09H00 – 16H00 – Tseiblaagte Community Hall
26 – 27 July : Windhoek 09H00 – 17H00 – UN Plaza Katutura
For more information please visit our website: www.ombudsman.org.na, find us on Facebook at Ombudsman Namibia or contact Aurelia David at tel no: (061) 2073212 or Elmi Pretorius at tel no: (061) 2073211